Terra-Cotta Clay Inspired Elopement Shoot on Kolob Terrace
A few weeks ago I lost one of my favorite black earrings (TRAGIC, RIGHT?!) It’s literally the worst thing in the world when you lose just one earring but it happened and I was so sad because I wore them all. the. Time.
So, I was on the hunt for a new pair when I came across @sunandsagedesigns terracotta clay earrings and FELL IN LOVE. My favorite parts about her earrings?
1. They were customizable. I got to decide exactly what shape and colors I wanted for these earrings. She was sooo amazing to work with and went back and forth with me on the earrings until I was 100% in love.
2. THEY ARE SO LIGHT!!! Heavy earrings give me a headache but I love something with a bit of length so it’s usually a struggle. I hardly even know these are there and I could literally wear them all day.
3. I got to support a small business. As a small business myself, I am always looking for other businesses (especially women in business) that I can support!
Anyways, I had just picked up my near earrings a few days before @taylor.made.events and @charityrebekahphotography reached out and asked if I wanted to be part of a styled shoot. The rental company had a few new pieces that they wanted to highlight and they wanted to pull me in to help style.
As we started to look through Pinterest for some inspo on a theme, my mind kept wandering back to these earrings. That’s when it hit me.....
“What if we did a terracotta clay inspired shoot?!”
These earrings were my absolute I N S P I R A T I O N. The idea was born and it checked all my boxes!!
1. We could incorporate the rentals that Taylor wanted to use.
2 It was unique and different and something I hadn’t seen anyone else do yet!
3. The colors were warm (and outside the typical colors I gravitate towards) Plus, they complimented the red rock of Southern Utah.
The shoot was everything and more than I could have imagined and came to life perfectly. The shoot was set in Kolob Terrace at Lambs Knoll. As PERFECT as these photos are, they literally don’t do the area justice so next time you’re here YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT!
I cannot express enough gratitude to adequately show these incredible southern Utah wedding vendors how lucky I feel that I get to work with them regularly. I literally could not have made it happened without them! Being right next to Zion National Park, I work with brides from all over the country who come here to get married amid the stunning natural backdrop we have. Planning a wedding from out of town brings a whole new level of wedding planning stress because you don’t know the local businesses and vendors. As your wedding coordinator, I can help you find your perfectly curated team of vendors to give you the peace of mind you need to know that your wedding is going to be EXACTLY how you planned.
Spray tan/teeth whitening: @inthebluffbeauty